Zahedi (Zahidi) Dates
Zahedi date is one of most widely used types of dry Dates in the world is produced in Iran . Zahedi (Zahidi) dates are mostly produced in south regions of Iran which is home for growing different palm trees. Fars and Kerman are two tropical states which made these regions suitable for cultivating Date palms.
Zahedi (Zahidi) dates are dry, yellow, meaty and so delicious with high durability.
Where is Zahedi date Growing?
Zahedi dates are grown in hot and dry cities of Iran and mostly harvested in provinces of Bushehr , Kerman , Fars , Khuzestan.
Fars and Kerman are two tropical province which made these regions suitable for cultivating Date palms.
In addition to Fars and Kerman provinces, Zahedi date can be grown in cities such as Firuz Abad, Bushehr, Lar, Ahvaz, Khorram Shahr,kermanshah and also countries like Iraq .
Zahedi Date Moisture
Zahedi Date is considered as Dry Date and its moisture is less than other kinds of Date fruits. Its moisture is under %15.
Zahedi Date color
Zahedi Date is golden yellow color to light brown depending upon the grade used.
Zahedi Date Shape
Zahedi Date Shape is short, oval, thick
Zahedi Date Size
Zahedi Date Size is short and round and its size is about 3-4 cm in length. Zahedi Date weight is about 7-9 g.
Zahedi Date Types
The Zahedi Date types are according to the city which the planting areas in Iran are:
Fars (Firuz Abad, Lar) and Kerman (Jiroft, Bam, Kahnooj and shahdad) provinces:
Bushehr (Dashtestan and etc.)Province
Khuzestan province (Khorram Shahr and etc.) that is called Zohdi Date.
And each one can be divided into two types of pitted and un pitted.
Zahedi Date Taste
Zahedi Date is not very sweet like other types of Dates like Mazafati and because of its medium sweet taste and dryness and its nutritional benefits it is used as perfect snack.
Zahedi Date Harvesting Time
Zadei Date harvest time is usually around End of September in different areas. But the new crop is available in market in October.
Zahedi Date Packing
At GStrades we always offer top quality products and most favorable packing and design as our buyer’s needs. At Gstrades we have bulk and retail packing based on our customer’s needs.
- Our Zahedi date is available in 3 different types of Grade 1,Grade 2 and Grade 3
- Having a brand in the domestic and international level
- Packaging: retail pack of 500 Gr Carton Box 700 Gr Carton Boxand bulk pack of 5 Kg Carton ,10 Kg Carton Box.
Zahedi Date keeping temperature
Zahedi Date is a dried Date fruit which can be kept in normal temperature of room. They have a shelf life of approximately 17 months at room temperature.
Zahedi Date nutrition fact
Zahedi Date due to the natural nutritious substances has high nutritious value. This Date is rich of nutrition and contains minerals (potassium, magnesium, protein and etc.),
Vitamins (like vitamin A, vitamin B complex, vitamin C and etc.) and sugars (like fructose and etc.).
100 grams of dried date has about 290 calories and is composed of about 70% carbohydrates, 2.2% protein, and 0.6% fat while fresh ِِDates contain about 160 calories.
Zahedi Date Benefits
Zahedi Date is Benefit for us because it is rich in nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and etc.
We are mentioned briefly some of the benefits for you in here:
- Treatment of diseases : this Date is full of energy and replete of essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B ,vitamin E ,Iron , phosphorous , calcium and magnesium that are very effective for treatment of diseases such as Anemia and Indigestion and improve memory and vision ability.
- Blood circulation: The Date has high Folate content which is beneficial and so necessary for blood circulation.
- Weight-gain: Due to its excessive sugar content which mostly includes simple sugars will cause to weight-gain.
Zahedi Date Seed
- Date fruit seeds have been demonstrated to possess high antioxidant activities due to their high content of flavonoids and phenolic compounds. Date seeds oil is suitable for use in soap and cosmetics. Date palm seeds contain 0.56–5.4% lauric acid. They can also be processed chemically as a source of oxalic acid.
- The seeds are also burned to make charcoal for silversmiths, and can be strung in necklaces. Date seeds are also ground and used in the manner of coffee beans, or as an additive to coffee.
- Dates can be eaten plain or used for cooking in chopped form for cakes, sweet, pudding, bread, ice cream, cereal, candy. Surplus Date is used in jam, jelly, juice, syrup, vinegar and alcohol.
- Experimental studies have shown that feeding mice with the aqueous extract of Date pits exhibit anti-genotoxic and reduce DNA damage induced by N-Nitroso-N-methylurea.
Zahedi Date Exporting Markets
Zahedi is one of the most exported dry date in the world This Date can be considered as the most frequently eaten dried Date fruit in Iran which can be grown in most tropical cities of Iran. The largest portion of this product is consumed in domestic markets, but due to production growth and high quality of this date, in the recent years export of zahedi have increased.
Zahedi dates are exported to all over the world but the major destination are UAE, Iraq, India, Russia, Ukraine, Pakistan, Europe and other countries.
Zahedi Date Price
Zahedi date prices are based on the quality and grade od the date.For the latest prices contact us via email or whatsapp number